Monday, October 17, 2011

Training Day

No, not the movie!! I'm about 4 weeks into a 5k training program and man does it hurt! I did a 5k back in March, and it's amazing how quick you lose it if you don't use it. It feels so good to run though, and don't get me wrong, I am not a fast runner. Or a swift runner. Or a runner with good form. Or really even a runner (more like a jogger). But it feels so good afterward. Plus training for a 5k really helps with me the whole losing weight before the wedding since I don't do gyms and all I need to run is shoes and a sports bra (haha!).

So here's the sad part for me: I went to the Dr. last week for pain in my sciatic (if you've had a baby, you know what I mean; shooting pain starting in your lower back/butt and all the way down your leg and sometimes into your foot) and he said the last thing I should be doing with my sciatica (I sound so smart sometimes) is running. I should be swimming, he says. HA! I don't have a swimming pool, I have a treadmill. And running shoes. So I was prescribed some anti-inflammatory pills and the Dr. asked me if I wanted to have back surgery. Well, not in particular. But I am going to stick it to The Man and continue running because it's something I enjoy doing. And it's free. 

Moral of the story is: do what you enjoy, even if it means you'll need back surgery. You only live once.

No comments:

Post a Comment