Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

Since I absolutely MUST focus on schoolwork tonight, I figured I would quickly share my recipe for the pumpkin muffins that I made yesterday. So here it is:

1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. canned pumpkin (you could probably use pumpkin pie mix for a sweeter version)
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp. vanilla (I like vanilla bean paste myself)
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

For topping you will need:
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Line a dozen muffin pan with liners. Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside. In large mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin, eggs, oil, spice, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Whisk in flour and baking powder. Do not over-whisk as the batter will start to overly-thicken. Evenly distribute batter between muffin pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over muffin batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.... ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment